Sweet Potato and Banana Bread
A healthy banana bread recipe your family will love. This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free!
Recipe by @nimfitt
- 1 Small Sweet Potato (steamed and mashed)
- 2 Bananas (mashed)
- 2 Chia Eggs (or sub for regular eggs)
- 1/3 cup Apple Sauce
- 1/4 cup Honey
- Almost full cup of buckwheat flour (keep 1cm off the top to add in the cricket powder)
- 25g cricket powder
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 40g chocolate (cut into chunks) – you can also use chocolate chips!
- salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 180*C
- In a bowl, mash and combine your sweet potato and banana. once it resembles a purée, add in your chia eggs, apple sauce and honey.
- Next add your buckwheat and cricket flour, baking powder, baking soda and all of the spices and vanilla essence.
- Stir so the mix is thoroughly combined, then add in the chocolate and give the batter one last mix.
- Grease a baking tray, then add in your batter. cook the bread for 20-30 minutes, or until the skewer comes out clean and the top is a nice golden colour.
NOTE: This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free!