Hoppa Hemp Choc Peppermint Thick Shake
This brilliant and filling breakfast recipe is packed full of protein and nutrients to assist health, inflammation and well being.
Recipe by Melissa Pym (@twofeathersgalleryart)
Makes 1 x 500 ml thick shake
- 1 Tbs Cricket Hoppa Protein Powder
- 1/4 – 1/3 Cup Hemp Seeds
- 1 and a half cups filtered water
- 1-2 drops 100% Essential Oil of Peppermint (Doterra and Young living are the only safe brands for oral consumption) OR Peppermint Extract
- 1/2 – 1 Avocado (I pre-freeze mine in smaller chunks to get a thicker and chillier shake)
- 4 Large Ice cubes
- Stevia or sweetener of your choice – to taste (I use Green Stevia powder, however, Sweat leaf brand ‘Sweet Drops’ tastes best)
- 1 Tsp Sunflower Lecithin powder
- 1-2 Ground Organic Spirulina Tablets
- 1- 2 Tsp Cacao nibs
- Carob/Cocoa Chocolate (I use ‘Carob Kitchen’ brand)
- Coconut Ice cream (I use ‘Denada’ brand, but supermarkets have regular cheaper versions)
1. Place glasses in freezer for 5 minutes then cover rim with melted chocolate and cacao nibs (optional). Re-freeze for 3-5 minutes while preparing thick shake.
2. Place all ingredients except for Cacao nibs, ice cream and chocolate, in high powered blender and blend well for approximately 1 minute.
3.Check the sweetness is to your liking and add more if needed.
4. If you want to make it a choc chip version then after one minute has passed, add the cacao nibs and process for a further 10 – 15 seconds. (If you process them in the blender too long the choc chips will disappear, so keep a good watch on the timing (Every blender is different, so experiment with your timing and blender’s speed and power for an amazing result).
5. Pour mixture into a large 500ml tall glass and add a scoop of coconut ice cream, melted chocolate on top and garnish as desired.
Handy Tip: The more frozen avocado you add, the thicker your shake will get! YUM 😊
The Hoppa cricket powder has been a great help to me in managing many symptoms and getting fewer hand tremors, muscle spasms, dizziness, and hypoglycaemic reactions. It has also stabilized my eating routine and less need for emergency medication. I highly recommend it as an alternative protein powder source that is SUPER strong, effective, and sustainable. Imagine what it could do for a healthy person! This recipe is a triple heavy-hitting protein elixir of goodness to help keep you going during the day.
Follow Melissa’s Youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJwsff-J5Uvp-IGHfJxAWAg