Cricket Protein Veggie Burger
This veggie burger is a healthy and flavorful way to incorporate cricket protein powder into your diet. The cricket powder provides an extra boost of protein and nutrition, while the veggies and quinoa provide fibre and other essential nutrients. Plus, the burger is vegetarian and easy to customize with your favourite toppings.
1 cup cooked quinoa
1/2 cup cooked black beans, mashed
1/2 cup grated carrots
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons cricket protein powder
2 tablespoons bread crumbs
1 egg, beaten
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 whole wheat burger buns
Toppings of your choice (lettuce, tomato, avocado, etc.)
- In a large bowl, mix together the cooked quinoa, mashed black beans, grated carrots, red onion, parsley, cricket protein powder, bread crumbs, egg, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Form the mixture into 4 equal-sized patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the patties to the skillet and cook on each side for 5-7 minutes until browned and crispy.
- Toast the burger buns and assemble the burgers with the patties and your choice of toppings.